Thursday 5 May 2016

Guest Speaker today



Today we had a physiotherapist by the name of Jeppe Brok-Kristensen come and speak with us about bones and muscles.

Here are some summaries written by our students:

A physiotherapist called Mr Jeppe, came to teach us about bones with the knowledge of a physiotherapist. He told us facts about the bones and muscles (I learnt that there's a muscle in our bodies called 'Cinderella'). He also told us about the inside of the bone, which looked like honeycomb. If you wanted to learn lots about bones and muscles, then you would have wished you were there. - Max

Today, I learnt about bones and muscles. Mr Jeppe had a lot of information about taking care of your bones and muscles and what to do if you injure them. - Molly

Mr Jeppe came  to talk to us about muscles and bones. He talked about how many bones are in our bodies and how muscles contract. I still wonder how dairy helps our bones and how calcium gets into our bones. - Alex

This morning a physiotherapist came to talk to us about the bones and muscles. He told us about how the bones grow back and what happened when the blood cells die. I learned a new fact that the fiber muscle is also called Cinderella fiber. - Amy

I learnt about bones, muscles and what they need, what they do and how to make them stronger. I learnt the dangers that we have to look out for and how to stop them and their causes. We also learnt what we do in our daily lives and how it can effect our body. - Luca

Today, a physiotherapist came to talk to us about muscles and bones. He told us that our blood cells live for only 120 days. I didn't know about bones or muscles, but today I learned more about it. 
- Siwoo

This morning a physiotherapist came to talk to us about bones and muscles. It was very interesting! I learnt the yellow marrow in your bone creates fat cells and the red marrow creates the white and red blood cells.I also learnt the four major functions of bones:
  1. support
  2. keeps your body upright
  3. movement
  4. protection
-Morakod

A physiotherapist came today and talked about bones, muscles and sports. I learnt many things, such as the red marrow produces red and white blood cells, while the yellow marrow produces fat cells. I also learned when you move, it sends a message to your brain. The most important thing I learned was RICE. It stands for rest, ice, compress and elevate. You use the technique when you sprain your ankle. I would like to say a big thank you to the physiotherapist for teaching me all this information.  - Bunleng


























No comments:

Post a Comment